What is Yoast SEO and how can I install it on my website?
Every company these days tries to get a competitive advantage over rival firms by attracting clients by way of appearing higher on online search engines. Yoast SEO is a free WordPress plugin which optimises the performance of your website and helps boost you up those crucial search engine rankings.
What does Yoast SEO help me with on my website?
- Page titles
- Meta descriptions
- XML Sitemaps
- Social media links
Why is this useful?
Search engine rankings are determined by Google, Yahoo, Bing (or any other search engine's) algorithm. This takes many factors into account to determine what results are the most relevant for certain queries and then positions them at the top of the page. 'SEO' or 'Search engine optimisation' is the practice of tailoring meta descriptions, page titles, URLs and other factors of your website with the right keywords so you appear higher up the ranks for certain queries.
How do I install Yoast SEO on my Siteloft website?
- Log into Wordpress by adding'/sl-login/ to the end of your URL and entering your credentials.
- From the Dashboard, click the Plugins tab on the left-hand side.
- Click the Add New tab at the top of the screen.
- Use the Search function to look for Yoast SEO.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Click the Activate Plugin button.
- You can now manage the plugin via the SEO tab available from the Dashboard.
How do I use Yoast?
Yoast is not a magic bullet for high rankings - simply installing it won't help your SEO - however, it is quite simple to use. For a definitive guide on using Yoast, you can view their help content here.
Not what you were looking for? Contact support at siteloft.com/contact-us/ for more information.