Google analytics is a free analysis service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and performance, making it easy for anyone managing a site to track and analyse this data.
What can Google Analytics tell me?
- How many visitors your site has at the moment
- The number of recent unique or repeat visits to your site
- How often repeat visitors come back to your site
- How visitors get to your site (e.g. referral, ads, direct, organic search, links or email)
- What other sites are referring visitors to yours
- Which pages on your site have been visited the most
- ‘Bounce rates’ (the number of visitors who leave without examining other pages)
- The average time visitors have spent viewing your site
- And more
Why is this useful?
As we’re all aware, “if it moves, measure it!” is the business mantra for getting ahead in the 21st century, with companies striving against their competitors for even the most marginal edge. The real estate industry is no different – it’s advantageous to measure your web traffic and other metrics to learn what’s working, what isn’t and how you might best fine-tune your marketing strategy. Measuring your progress means you can see which of your blogs, social media channels, or PPC ads have been bringing in the most traffic, and focus on doing more of that.
In short, Google analytics gives you quantitative information to help you decide on the best online marketing strategy for your agency.
How do I setup Google analytics on my website?
- To setup Google Analytics on your website you first need to setup an account via the Google Analytics website where they’ll provide you with a unique ‘UA Code’.
- Add this UA Code to your Siteloft website by Logging into WordPress > From the Dashboard go to Appearance > Customize > Misc > Google Analytics UA-Code > Enter the code supplied by Google when you opened your account and hit the blue update button.
Congratulations, you’ll now be able to analyse the performance of your website and online marketing strategy. For more information on using Google Analytics, their support documentation can be found here.
Not what you were looking for? Contact support at siteloft.com/contact-us/ for more information.